Weddings in Heels: Behind the Scenes

Weddings are one of the most beautiful celebrations that we can experience. But behind every wedding day is a story as unique as the wedding itself. Sometimes nerve-racking, often humorous, these are the stories from behind the scenes of wedding days everywhere.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spicy Breath Mints & Bruises



I usually participate in 2 wedding shows per year.  This photo is from the Premier Wedding Show at Arden Hills.  By the time brides arrive, they see 2 wedding planners (myself & my assistant, Nicole) very put together - prim and proper even! What they didn't see was the 3 hours before the show began.  We had to unload and carry everything in that we used for decor; we then had to assemble everything,  from the chuppah to the decor.  This involved a lot of  climbing on a ladder, crawling around on the floor and lifting - all while in full makeup and trying not to sweat!
  The silver structure holding those beautiful flowers is something I dreamed up and my wonderful hubby brought to life - not without some complaing though!  Finally, it was time for the brides to arrive.  Nicole & I had changed clothes, touched up our makeup and were ready to go! But wait - how about making sure our breath is fresh?!?!?!  I grab my handy tool box, pull out some new mints and pop 2 in my mouth.  Fire.  Way too much pepermint going on here! As a result, Nicole spoke to our first few brides alone while I choked those mints down.  I'm sure I had super-fresh breath though!  We met so many amazing, creative brides at the show, it really was a lot of fun.  Two days after the show, I noticed that my legs were hurting; I looked down and couldn't believe how many bruises I had! Wedding planning is dangerous work - but it's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment