Weddings in Heels: Behind the Scenes

Weddings are one of the most beautiful celebrations that we can experience. But behind every wedding day is a story as unique as the wedding itself. Sometimes nerve-racking, often humorous, these are the stories from behind the scenes of wedding days everywhere.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fear No Flower!!



I used to be afraid of flowers - afraid of them dying on my watch to be more specific.  That is until one fine day last fall, when I got over my fear (mostly).  The truth is, as beautiful as flowers are, they aren't as delicate as one might think - thank goodness because sometimes I feel like I have hands about as gentle as a gorilla!  Myself, my assistant and the florist: Accents by Sage, were staying in a hotel room together the night before a wedding.  As it was a destination wedding, boutineres, bouquets and kissing balls were assembled on sight.  This was a project that went on until the wee hours of the morning (3am), but was well worth it! Cheryl of Accents guided me through assembling a kissing ball!  And now I'm not nearly as fearful of flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment